Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Voice of God


When people writing Scripture tried to describe the voice of God, they were just about as stumped as trying to put on paper what He looked like. Some of the images are so beautiful. Someday, we will all hear Him speak.

His voice is described as:
            Many waters (Jeremiah 10:13; Ezekiel 43:2; Habakkuk 3:10;
                       Revelation 1:15, 14:2, 19:6)
            Thunder (2 Samuel 22:14; Job 37:4-5; Psalm 18:13; 
                       Revelation 14:2)
            Roaring (Jeremiah 25:30; Joel 3:16; Amos 1:2)
            Trumpet (Revelation 1:10, 4:1)
            Mighty (Psalm 68:33)

His sheep hear His voice. They know His voice. (John 10:3-4)

The dead will hear His voice. (John 5:28)

His voice melts the earth! (Psalm 46:6)

Do you like the sound of water? I love it! The ocean, a waterfall, a fountain. What a wonderful sound! God’s voice is like that.

Do you run to a safe place when you hear loud thunder? God’s voice is like thunder.

Are you glad a zoo lion or tiger is on the other side of the partition, when you hear it roar? God’s voice roars.

Don’t you enjoy the clean sound of a trumpet? God’s voice is like a trumpet.

His voice is mighty. The whole earth was created by His Word and is upheld by the Word of His power.

Aren’t you glad you are His sheep? You know His voice and hear it . . . and follow Him. What a blessing to hear His voice!

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me (John 10:14, 27).



1 comment:

  1. And sometimes He is heard in a still, small voice (I Kings 19). I confess I like that one best. But it's something to think about the awe in hearing His voice as the sound of many waters.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.